12 August 2022

Zurich Bread Factory and Cafe, Luang Prabang

Previously:


Zurich Bread Factory and Cafe is one of many cafes in Luang Prabang that sell coffee, pastries as well as some proper meal menus.  Someone actually recommended this place to us.  Having a chef statue in the cafe's front, it makes easy to spot.  From the name, I guess they are kinda expertise in making breads.  And the place is nicely decorated with lots of breads on the glass window display and they place their baking area right at the front so people can see when the baker prepares some bread and cakes.  





It was exactly midday when we were there and the cafe was pretty packed with lunch hunters.  Looking at their menus, I actually wanted to order lots of items from there.  But we narrowed down to this last four savoury menus.  Which are pork sausages, smashed avocado, hawaiian pizza and pho (Vietnamese-style noodle soup). 

Pork sausages

Smashed avocado


Avocado on a toast is always be my number one breakfast menu.  But this was truly a dissapointing dish.  Beside their appetising look, the taste was totally the opposite.  I mean their avocado mix has a nice balance of flavour but the bread didnt taste right to me.  I believe that the bread was off because I could taste stale and moldy.  Very unpleasant.  So, I just left out the bread and ate only the topping.  I didn't make any complains as I got this phobia of people who handling my food, if I make them upset, I'm afraid they might do something to the rest of my food.  Anyone feel the same like me?

As named a bread factory, they should pay more attention with their products especially their highlight item, which is of course bread!!!!

Pork sausage was a let down too.  It was dry and not so fresh.  While for pizza, it was just OK.  Nothing special out of this.  I was really dissapointed with their food.  But the saviour of today was pho dish.  The broth was fragrant and flavorsome.  So yeah... at least something good.

Hawaiian delight pizza

Pho


However, we gave them another shot and tried a couple of sweets in the house.  We got lemon meringue tart and tropical fruit tart.  And voila...  We lucky that we tried their cakes because they're absolutely delicous.  Fresh, not overly sweet and crumbly pastry.  At least their dessert is good so probably next time, I will just go for a cuppa and some cakes.  


Sakkaline Road, opposite wat Sensoukharam
Open: 9am - 5pm
Ph: +856 20 58 528 953

Stay tuned for the next blog still in Luang Prabang:


No comments:

Post a Comment