04 August 2022

Prachaniyom Coffee Shop, Luang Prabang

Previously:

As I mentioned in the previous post that in this tiny town of Luang Prabang, you can easily find great cafes and coffee shops.  The town main area isn't that huge and it can be covered on foot comfortably.  Or most of hotels are usually provide bicycle that you can borrow for free.  However, I came with an elderly and kids, thus convinient is of course always be my priority.  There is this vehicle called 'skylab', that you can easily find around the main tourists area or in front of restaurants and some important spots.  It's very important to negotiate the price before you get in into the car.  Mainly, they charge per trip, roughly one short trip, for example from our hotel to morning market, costs us 30,000-50,000 kip (around AUD 2-4).  While, majority also provide a full day or half day skylab hire as well.  So, without wasting any more time, let's take a peek some of the delicious coffee shops.

Skylab


Prachaniyom coffee shop

A-must try coffee shop has to be this local-style coffee namely Prachaniyom.  It wasn't that much different from back then few years ago (click here to check it out).  It always busy in the morning.  Their shop and menus are the same, the only upgrade is their seating area, they extended and even put some cover too.  This place is not that type of fancy cafe.  It is very humble and the place of most locals have their morning coffee and simple breakfast.  You need to try their hot coffee or tea as well as soft boiled egg.  Some other menus like deep-fried chinese bread and congee are also available.  I especially like their hot milk tea.  The tea is very strong and rich also sligthly sweetened from the condensed milk.  Their coffee is also great.  Most inportantly, the price is so cheap. 




Prachaniyom is located next to morning market, don't forget to give them a visit after filling up your tummy.  It's pretty exotic market though, a lot of fresh food, fruits and vegetables, and some local delicacies sold here.  Besides, you can also find some exotic animals meat as well.  It's totally up to you to taste it or not. 


Another breakfast menu is a pate bread like Vietnamese bahn mi.  There are quite a lot of stalls selling this, I cannot recommend any yet as I haven't found the really good one.  If you find one, please let me know.  I would like to try them, when we're there. 


This was just OK.  For me, compared to the one I had in Vietnam or Laos or Bangkok, in Sydney was so far the best I had.  


Next is Le Banneton cafe, I didn't actually have their coffee in this trip.  I only got a chocolate croissant.  Because, I already blew up my caffeine level for a day.  However, I did try their coffee and pastries in the past and they were good.  Click here for more info about them. 



Cafe and coffee strory is not end here though.  There are still 2 more places that we tried and they were good too.  So, don't forget to check out my next blog.  Thank you and Octie Appetie.


ร้านกาแฟประชานิยม (Prachaniyom Coffee Shop)

Opens: everyday from 4-11am


Stay tuned for the next blog still in Luang Prabang:

No comments:

Post a Comment