20 August 2018

Gifu Prefecture 5 Days 4 Nights with Japan Airlines


It's always nice and convenient to fly direct to everywhere especially with full-fare airlines.  From Bangkok to fly to Nagoya directly took us around 6 hours.  We totally need this comfortable flight as our journey not only stop in Nagoya, we will then need to catch train straight away to go to Takayama and stay there for 3 nights.  The in-flight food was OK, but the best part is I could get the plum wine and sake to accompany me while watching in-flight movies.  


They only served breakfast menu the next day


We caught Mietetsu Line train from Chubu Centair International Airport to Nagoya then exchanged our JR Pass (JR Takayama-Hokuriku Pass) at the Nagoya station before catching the Hida Wide View train to go to Takayama.  Because our type of JR Pass did not cover the airport line.


This is the Nagoya station map 
Btw, for your information.  For the first timer of JR Pass users, you firstly need to validate the JR Pass at the JR information center then book your train timetable at the ticket office.  The office is located opposite each other.


Tonkatsu pork sandwich for our lunch

From Nagoya station took another 2 and half hours train ride to arrive at our destination, beautiful old town of Takayama.  It was a really exhausted and long day for us.  Once we arrived at the hotel, I honestly just wanted to take a rest or maybe NOT!!!! Who knows, how I feel like at that time...... Let's find out...



We went there around early of March.  And my purpose and hope, of course to still be able to see some left over snow.  In Nagoya, I could not see any snow.  Then after I woke up from my short nap on the train, it was somewhere near Takayama already, I opened my eyes and glared at this shining white covered grounds.  I was so excited and happy.  From there, more and more white covered the little town.


Best Western lobby hotel
We stayed 2 nights at this hotel.  The location is very close to the station, only 2 minutes walk from Takayama station and the staff has pretty fluent english.  The room is slightly bigger than any standard Japanese hotel with very western style decorations.  Although the bed is always to small for us couple with a young kid.  However, I still can walk comfortably after putting my luggage.





Best Western Hotel Takayama
6 Chome-6, Takayama, Gifu Prefecture
Ph: +81 577 37 2000


Stay tuned for the next blog still in Japan:
One Nice Evening in Takayama

No comments:

Post a Comment