17 May 2019

"Better Than Sex" Brownies Cup and Espresso Martini Recipe


No matter how the weather pronounces outside, no matter what mood are you in today and no matter whether day or night, one simple chocolate brownies is what matters most. Unlike love making, where prolonged foreplay needed, brownies making only takes five minutes to prepare.

In a standard pantry of baking-lovers certainly stores all ingredients needed for this brownies. I grab a clean bowl for my dry elements: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, then give them a few twirls. If you use instant espresso instead of shot, combine with the rest of dry mixtures in this instance. Once blended, put them aside for now.

Next, I take a half pomelo-sized, ceramic cup which can resist heat and fill it with butter and chocolate chips. Melt them. In the meantime, I prepare the drops of espresso. One shot will go into the brownies and another will be the star of its drink companion.

Within one minute, butter and chocolate become liquids sitting in the cup. Then I drop a whole egg inside - cracked open the shell first of course - straightaway beating them vigorously. Do not let the egg to cook, else we will end up with unpleasant gritty dessert. When they all become united, I pour in the prepared espresso shot, vanilla extract and the rest of dry mixture, then give it another stir.

In a couple of minutes, my baked-treasure is almost done. I only need to heat the final liquid batter in microwave for one minute and half. As I prefer my brownies being undercooked in the middle for the lava effects.

Meanwhile, I get going with my espresso martini. Cooking two delicious items in one go is like killing two birds with one bullet. 

I chill my martini glass with ice and let it sit, while I move onto preparing my martini drink.

I pour in some vodka. coffee liqueur and espresso shot - I prepared earlier - into my cocktail shaker and fill in enough amount of ice as well. Then making sure the lid is locked and I am ready to roll and shake like an expert bartender. Smashing the ice inside to chill the cocktail down, yet not overly melt the ice to avoid watery martini.

Once shaken, I give a little tap on the side of the shaker to loosen the vacuum seal. After that, I clear the ice out from the martini glass. Then place strainer on top of the shaker and dispense the contents through a sieve straight into a glass. This makes martini coming out smooth and frothy. One tiny sip will not hurt.

The loud DINGGGG alarm sound from my microwave stop me finishing that martini. Back to my chocolate heaven, I remove it out with careful. Final touch is topped this brownies with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzled with chocolate topping sauce.

With just one immense spoon of gooey brownies can float me to paradise. The combination of hot steam from brownies and the cold sensation from ice cream in my tongue, give me a luscious satisfaction. And having a glass of espresso martini with hot brownies, it is irresistible just like having finest grilled wagyu and premium red wine. 

"Better Than Sex" Brownies Cup
Ingredients (serves for one person ULTIMATELY)
All purpose flour 1/4 cup (30 g)
Caster sugar 1/4 cup (55 g)
Cocoa powder 2 tbsp
Baking soda 1/4 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Butter  1/4 cup (60 g)
Choc chips/cooking chocolate 1/4 cup (40 g)
Egg (large) 1
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
Espresso shot 1 shot
(Instant espresso can be used instead - combine with the dry ingredients - 1/4 tsp)


Espresso Martini (Adopted from J. Quilter recipe)
Ingredients (serves ONE)
Vodka  50 ml
Coffee liqueur 35 ml
Espresso 25 ml (one shot)
Ice

This is my first ever recipe blog, I have posted. I just want to share to the world my favourite rich chocolate dessert that easy and simple to make. Hopeful you guys enjoy it and more recipes are coming. Octie Appetie...

No comments:

Post a Comment