21 April 2014

Day 6: Tokumi, Shibu Onsen

Previously:
Day 6: Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park


By then, we arrived back at Shibu Onsen, it was nearly 2pm.  My tummy was rumbling, I was starving and I just remembered that I had a very light breakfast this morning.

There are only about eight or nine restaurants in town, mostly are on the main bath street.  We passed this tiny homey Japanese restaurant and straight away went for it.

Tokumi (Ramen and Chicken Cutlet Shop)


Inside, there is only one guy.  He is multi-tasking as a waiter, chef and cleaner.  But he works very fast and prompt.


Lemon Brandy Drink


Gyoza ¥400


Chicken, Egg and rice ¥300 (mini bowl)


Tsukemen Chashu ¥800
 

Chicken Katsu Don ¥900
 Not too sure, because of I was hungry or their menu all look tempting and I went crazy ordering two meals for myself and my husband was a little bit calmer by ordering only one entree and one main dish.

Every single dishes that we got were absolutely spot on.  They were delicious homey dishes, very flavoursome.  Unbelievably, but we managed to scrap the plate clean.


Tokumi
On the main bath street


Opening hours:
11am - 2pm
5pm - 11.30pm

Closed on Wednesday


Stay tuned for the next blog still in Japan:
Day 6:  Shabu Shabu dinner at Kokuya Ryokan

No comments:

Post a Comment