19 October 2011

Melbourne City - Day 4

88/7 Riverside Quay
Southbank VIC 3006
Ph: (03) 9693 8888



The Melbourne proud-to-present and tallest observation deck that guarantee taking your breath away especially when you step on the clear transparent glass viewing platform called The Edge.  Not to mention seeing beautiful Melbourne in panorama and 360 degree outlook !!! However you need to pay extra for the glass bottom viewing point though...


While I was taking snapshots of those stunning-looking scene of Melbourne city, suddenly my camera just died without saying any goodbye!!!  Feeling so terribly sad but on the bright side, I had brought my little pocket camera with me incase of emergency like this.  Thus, my apologise for the photos that may not look so good and grainy.


As you all might know that Melbourne has hidden treasures, not as bling as gold and money but what I mean is ... 'FOOD'.  Hundreds of laneways and arcades around the city with the colorful and creative graffiti  street arts on the walls.  Also lining up heaps of nice cafes and chic restaurants that transform the horrible spooky narrow laneways image into the lively unique tourist destination.  That's the charms of this city. and that's why for me, Melbourne is an unofficial food capital in Australia.

We only took bit of photos around there but didn't actually have a chance to taste any of the cafes or restaurants along those popular laneways but we definitely will make sometimes when we return to Melbourne once again which gonna be really soon hahaha..  This December...  then I'll bring all the review and photos for you guys...


Le Petit Gateau
458 Little Collins St
Melbourne VIC
Tel: 03 9944 8893
Open: Mon - Fri 7:30am-5pm

Found out about this place from another blogger and first thought came to my mind, the cake looks very tempting.  So I tried to sneak peak into my busy schedule.  It was sprinkling a little bit at that time but it didn't stop me from going there.  The cakes were just slightly better than average.  I can taste that they really freshly made and the cake is so moist and tasty and it looks elegant in a way...  but nothing outstanding that can beat other patisseries in Sydney.  Or maybe I just didn't pick up the right dish...  At least, the service was terrific and friendly though.


Black Forest Cake

Cosmopolitan Cake

Menya
Shop 146a, 211 Latrobe St Knox Lane
Melbourne Central
Ph: (03) 9639 3383

Another branch:
437 Elizabeth St
Melbourne


Menya, for me is like a fast food Japanese restaurant chain in Melbourne.  However, the term "fast food", it doesn't mean that the food are fatty or unhealthy, as we all normally judge them.  Here, the service is extremely fast and prompt.  Food comes in pretty big portion with relatively cheap price.  So, when you are unbearably starving and could not be bother waiting to get the food, Menya should be the best option...  My suggestion would be that in the rushing lunch hour is better to go to the Elizabeth branch as they have much bigger dining space and could accommodate more people.  Because when anyone is hungry, we definitely don't wanna waste anytime on the queue, right!!!!  Unless for the top notch.






Teriyaki Chicken

Soba with Spicy Minced Pork
So, Octie Appetie guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment