24 June 2020

Spaghetti Bolognese

This is my version of spaghetti bolognese.  Italians may be crying when looking at this recipe.  There are major changes to make this dish tone with my palate.  So, let's find out how I normally make my style of spaghetti bolognese.


Always gather all your ingredients before you start stir-frying.  It will be very handy.  In this my-own-version of bolognese, I prepared minced garlic, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, sliced chilies, minced pork, sausages, Prego traditional pasta sauce.  And for seasoning, I have some salt, pepper and sugar.


Starting with stir-frying chopped garlic and sliced chilies on your hot pan with some oil until fragrant.  Then add in minced pork.  Cook the pork until nearly done then add in your chopped onion.  I like to put onions in after the meat cooked, so they will be slighly undercook and can stay crunchy.  After that, add chopped tomatoes, sausages, and pasta sauce.  I also add a little bit water because I want it to be saucy or I could say it'd rather soupy.  About quater of a can of water for each pasta can you use.

Once the cooking is nearly done, add your seasoning.  And tasted according to your preference.  Sugar is one of the main seasoning in this recipe.  So my pasta sauce came out slightly to the sweeter side.  But it is so delicious....  Bring them to boil and remove from heat and set them aside.



Now, jump onto the pasta noodle itself, boil water on a pot with a dollop of salt.  Once the water bubbling add in your pasta and cook them for 12 minutes or so depending of how you like to have your pasta.  


The trick to make your pasta not sticking together is by adding a splash of olive oil right after your drain the pasta.


Instead of serving the pasta and sauce separately, I like to combine them together.  Therefore, the noodle absorbs the juices from pasta sauce very well.  Bring the dish to the next level.



Not forget to add some grated parmesan on top as well.  What can I say, it was just yummm... yummmm... and yummmmm....

You can also store the leftover pasta in the fridge and taste even better after reheating it.  Because the pasta and sauce are well married and got along together thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment