26 September 2024

Miss Sina, Marrickville

A little while back, this pistachio croissant video-hype kept popping up on my Ig feed.  Of course, I have to try it.  We went to this cafe called Miss Sina in Marrickville.  The tables were nearly all occupied and there were queues at the register as well.  Overwhelmed in array of choices, we surrendered with three orders.  The famed pistachio croissant, s'mores donut and cinnamon scroll.  This place is not an ordinary cafe, they are actually a vegan-friendly cafe.  You won't believe that their sweet and drinks are plant based.    




Pistachio Kunefe croissant $14 - with kunefe pastry and pistachio spread

I was thoroughly disappointed with this highly anticipated item.  While the flavour was satisfactory, the texture was overly dry, lacking the rich and creamy filling I've seen showcased in videos.  
 

S'mores donut $8.50

On the flip side, the s'mores donut was remarkably fluffy and soft, featuring an indulgent oozy creamy center.  It was delightful.


Cinnamon scroll $8.50

Then another impressive item in the house, cinnamon scroll, impressing with its softness and topped with a generous slab of icing, striking the perfect balance of sweetness.  It was truly wonderful.


Pandan iced coffee

A mishap occurred with my drink order.  Despite waiting until we were nearly finished with our desserts, it appeared that others who arrived after me had already got their drinks.  Initially, we asked the serving lady, very ignorance and just redirect us to approach the lady behind the register who obviously having a long queue in front of her.  This unhelpful response heightened my frustration because I have to jump into the queue again just to ask "how come I haven't got my drink?".  Fortunately, once I got to the counter staff, she immediately offered a sincere apology, quickly served our drinks and accompanied by two complimentary donuts. Turning an epic fail into a sweet win!


132 Illawarra Road,
Marrickville 
Open: Everyday from 8am - 4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment