21 May 2024

Japan 2024 Trip Part 21: Sachifuya Cafe and Kadoya Shokudo, Osaka

Previously:

There were several times, we just grabbed some lunch or dinner from random restaurants on the underground walkway along Shinsaibashi Station toward our hotel.  It was simply easy access after a long tiring day trip and the food looked alluring as well.  To be honest, we could just go to any restaurants in Japan with absolutely no doubt on the food taste.  Because we haven't experienced, literally never came across to any bad Japanese food here in Japan.   



The first one we had was this typical Japanese set meal dishes from Sachifuya Cafe.  The portion here in Japan is perfect for me, unlike in Australia where I can't normally finish my meal and have to share with my kids.  While here, we get to choose what we want to eat and have the whole dish for ourselves.  I had my chicken karaage with nanban sauce, while the rest ordered chicken with vegie, grilled fish and hamburg with curry sauce. 

I am telling you that every single dish is beyond delicious, they are flavorsome and healthy and very filling too.  My chicken nanban was amazing and their side dishes were very enjoyable too.  Even the vegetables that come with my chicken nanban were done nicely.  Price-wise, obviously nothing that I would complain about this big meal under $15.  

Karaage chicken nanban 1,200yen


Chicken and vegie set 1,250yen

Grilled fish set meal 1,400yen

Hamburg curry with cheese set meal 1,250yen



Then on another night, we tried some ramens from Kadoya Shokudo ramen restaurant where they sell this soy-based broth ramen.  There are only 6 items on the menu.  Standard ramen with choice of pork or chicken for the protein and also tsukemen-style ramen.  On the menu, it says one is seasoned egg ramen and another is specialty made ramen which we're not sure what's the difference.  So, we ordered one each and of course I chose the one with more meats.  

Soy-based ramen had never been my thing until I fell in love with it when I had my first soy broth ramen back when I was in Nagoya.  I was always a tonkotsu or miso-type ramen girl, but I finally found my true love.  I mean, from time to time I still crave of those thick and creamy pork -based broth but with this soy -based, it gives a totally different vibe.  It is aromatic, refreshing and light.  The ramen that we had from Kadoya was I would say neck to neck to my first love ramen in Nagoya.  

What makes them even better, they serve ramen dish with steamed rice and kimchi.  My first thought was it actually necessary to do so.  Because noodle itself is already heavy in carbs.  But I did try them together with their chili sauce and OMG!!!  They were wonderful and never have thought that it would turn out that yummy.  They gave plenty of those pork slices as well.  

They don't have much on menu.  And even after finished with that big bowl of noodle, I still wasn't sure what the differences between the two dishes we ordered but what I was so sure that they both were equally delicious.  

Specially made ramen with pork 1,370yen

Seasoned egg ramen (pork) 1,230yen



Just opposite that ramen shop, there is this taiyaki that I had an eye on them since the first time I walked pass this stall.  Taiyaki is a Japanese fish-shaped cake that normally comes with filling like red bean or custard.  They have three different fillings here, red bean, sweet potato and custard.  Turned out, I like the custard one the best out of three.  Not overly sweet and the cake is very thin too.   They sell them for 280yen each except 300yen for custard filling. 




Sachifuya Cafe
Crystal Nagahori Store
Ph: +81 6 6282 2118

Kadoya Shokudo
Near Nagahoribashi Station

Stay tuned for the next blog still in Japan:

No comments:

Post a Comment