20 December 2021

Pai City

Previously:

 
Today, we were just chilling out in Pai city.  Their breakfast served as an a la carte.  Each person got to choose one main meal that comes with toast, juice and tea or coffee as well as fresh fruits.  Our brekkie were delicious, especially those simple pan fried carrot.  I think, it probably can turn people who doesn't like carrot to become addicted to it.  



Pork congee

Big brekkie with omelet and extra bacon

an addition soft boiled egg

Though I ordered muesli and yogurt for my breakfast this morning, it wasn't enough for my big appetite.  But the lady/owner was kindly gave me one more egg set to satisfy my hunger.  Very nice indeed. 

muesli, yogurt and fresh fruit

fresh cut fruits, one serve for each of us

After enjoyed our breakfast and relaxed by the river, we headed to some tourist places, but it came to my surprise that they were unbelivably quite, nearly noone around. 



This memorial bridge, for example, twice I'd been here in the past, I could hardly get a nice shot of the bridge as it was always full of people.  But look at what happened!!!  The whole bridge was mine only to explore.  





This coffee shop used to be very famous too.  Due to its strategic location and instagrammable.  However, this place became very quite and seems to be ignored and neglected.  Even their big shop sign had been removed.  So sad....




Wat Nam Hoo


Santichon Village

Another authentic Chinese village like the one I just visited in Mae Hong Son, full of Yunanese refugees and tea plantations, as well as shops selling local community products and souvenirs, not forget to mention, traditional Chinese pork leg stew could be found in here as well.  But again, this place is unrecognised anymore.  Dying and fading away.  I actually really like this place.  When our world can beat down Covid, hopefully, this such a lovely place can retrieve their visitors back.  









Tea testing





Stay tuned for the next blog still in Pai:

No comments:

Post a Comment