11 December 2018

Dinner Buffet at Manseikaku Hotel, Noboribetsu

Previously:
Noboribetsu Jigokudani (Hell Valley)

I have been to so many hotel's breakfast or dinner buffet from 5-star hotel to no-star hotel but this place is so far the biggest and the most choices available.  You can find a lot of local cuisine of Hokkaido (genghis khan, snowcrab leg, and so on), traditional Japanese food, things like make-your-own noodle, sashimi, tempura and many more) to the Western dishes as well.  There are great ranges of sweets and drinks too.  Honestly, if I want to list all the food names, this post will be way tooooo long.  Even pictures I've taken probably just covered half of them.  I was really surprised of how many food served in this dinner buffet.

By the way, when we check-in earlier in the afternoon, the lady asked us to choose the dinner time slot.  We chose 6.45pm, not too early and not too late.  Although the lady recommended to have dinner somewhere between 5 or 5.30 to avoid the crowd, but it was definitely too early to have dinner right!


When we arrived at the dining area, there were a lot of people already and most of them wearing Yukata including us. Very comfortable.  I was so overwhelmed by the food.







There was long queue for this tempura and roast section and had been going on for all night.  Never quite.  Apparently it was the most popular section.


Make-your-own Genghis Khan






Green tea tiramisu
This green tea tiramisu gone in a flash.  At first I saw it was still untouched then on the middle of my dinner I saw it was gone more than half.  By then I was ready to get on dessert.  It gone.. gone.. and they replaced with some other dessert.  So regretted that I didn't quick enough.

Kids only section
There is one area dedicated for kids only, so cute.  There are pasta, french fries, nugget and some other sweets and snacks.




I didn't know that this chocolate vending machine uses coins.  I promised my little one "if he eats quick (he usually eats very slow), I will give him some of these goodies.
He did eat very good that night.  When I about to take some, I found out that we need to pay some money.  Arrgggggghhh.. I explained to him and luckily he understood and didn't throw any tantrums to me.  Then of course I made another promise again.  I said to him I will get him some tomorrow when we have breakfast.  But this chocolate is not destined to be eaten by him for sure.  The next morning, while I was ready with some money in my pocket, that chocolate vending machine was gone.  Apparently, it is only for dinner.  Poor him..

There are a few vending machines inside the hotel
As I mentioned earlier, this hotel provides so much other facilities and fun things to do as well beside hot spring.  There are game room, gachapon, you even can shop for souvenirs too.

Games room

Souvenir shop

Different types of Gachapon (toy capsules)


We had a little bit of walk in the town that night.  Hunting some more demons and we found a few more such as the love and study demon.  It was so romantic and classic.  The traditional music of Noboribetsu is turned on every night through the town speakers.


Study Demon

Romantic Demons


Noboribetsu Manseikaku Hotel
21 Noboribetsuonsencho, Noboribetsu


Stay tuned for the next blog still in Noboribetsu:
From Noboribetsu Back to Sapporo


No comments:

Post a Comment